Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Keys!

Finally, the wait is over, the paperwork is done, and in my hand is a pair of nice shiny keys. I didn't' think the buying process would ever end. Now that it has, it's time to renovate! Well...not quite yet. I went over to the house for the first time last night. Unfortunately not much had changed, I was hoping the renovation fairys might have been there while I was gone and done a little work, but alas, they must be helping some other poor soul.

I was hoping to get more done last night. I have to move into this place in 11 days and it's in no way ready for ocupancy. It ended up being more an inspection with some dreaming thrown in for good measure...yes the kitchen could go like that...what about recessed lighting...However, the toilet was taken off it's base so the sewer plumbing can be repaired, the last owners did an odd configuration of cast iron and pvc that just won't work, and got to work trying to manage the mouse infestation. I bought 10 snap traps (I would rather use something a little more humane, but KMart just doesn't cary anything like that) and set them up around the house. I'm really not looking forward to seeing if anything was caught.

I feel like I'm spinning my wheels and am not quite sure what to do until my 203K rehab money comes (7-10 days). There was an unexpected $850 that I had to pay at close which took just about everything from my getting started fund. My realestate agent has promised me a $500 Home Depot gift card that should come in really handy right about now.

No comments: