Monday, November 10, 2008

Moving Day

I don't think I like moving. Between the 300 pound dining room table and the myriad of boxes, I'm beat. The apartment isn't even moved out of for all that work. There was a lot of cleaning to be done this weekend. I think I can call the kitchen clean, the floor is mopped, all the cabinets have been scrubbed inside and out. I think the grossest part was the nasty nasty fridge, I didn't even want to keep it it was so bad I was just going to buy a new one once the rehab money surfaced. There were flys frozen to the walls of the freezer and the nastiest smell that you could even imagine. But outside it went, the hose took care of the big chunks of yuck and what didn't come off that way got a gallon of bleach and some serious scrubbing. I think it still has a faint yucky odor, but I'm told that's the "normal" fridge smell. The water got turned on friday too, no leaks to be found, woohoo! I did find out that the hot water heater is kaput though. Luckily Eric was there to diagnose the problem, 2 bad elements. I'm not quite sure what to do yet. Either replace the elements ($50.00) or buy a whole new thing ($150.00). Neither of which I want to do, I was hoping to have the house re-plumbed and ran for gas before installing a new fancy tankless hotwater heater, but as much as I don't like spending money, I do like hot showers.

No comments: